Pacific Oceania Fed Cup Captain, Gilles De Gouy (TAH) has been appointed The Tennis Director at St. Kentigern’s College, https://www.saintkentigern.com/ Auckland effective 2021. He replaces long serving Tennis Director, Peter Langsford who is retiring.
Saint Kentigern College opened in 1953 on an attractive rural site 16 kilometres from the centre of Auckland, bordering on the waters of the Tamaki Estuary.
pening with 93 foundation pupils and a staff of four, the College was the realisation of a dream for a group of far-thinking Presbyterian ministers and laymen who had established the Saint Kentigern Trust in 1949 to found a school for ‘the acquisition of knowledge, for the glory of God, and the benefit of mankind, a proper discipline of mind and body, and a life of service to others.’
The College took the name of the patron saint of Glasgow, Saint Kentigern, who is also affectionately known in Scotland as Mungo.
From this beginning, Saint Kentigern College has grown to more than 1600 students from Year 7 to Year 13 and has a teaching and administration staff in excess of 200. The spacious fields and attractive buildings of its beautiful 40 hectare campus now form a greenbelt, as the city has spread to surround the College with the thriving suburb of Pakuranga, part of the City of Auckland.
The College is now one of the foremost independent schools in New Zealand with a reputation for excellence in its academic, sporting and cultural programmes. Earlier in the year at the New Zealand National Secondary Schools Tennis Finals, Saint Kentigern made history as the first school to ever have a team in each of the three finals – Boys, Girls and Mixed! This was a great achievement for the College.